PiYo is an acronym for Pilates and Yoga. It is a total body fitness system that is created to get your entire body in shape from head to toe. PiYo workouts combine the Pilates and yoga practices to enable you to achieve PiYo results like lose weight, build strength, increase body flexibility and enjoy doing it as well. PiYo workout program was founded by Chalene Johnson and was mainly created for people who want the bodies and minds to benefits from Pilates and yoga workout without a lot of sweat being disposed of and a colossal use of energy. The entire program takes 60 days of between 25 to 45 minutes daily combination of various low impact moves. This form of workout does not involve any weight lifting, jarring and jumping instead it is more of body flexibility moves. Thus, it is most suitable for people:
Once a person takes any kind of workout program, there are various physical and health benefits he or she will have to enjoy. Below are some results a person will enjoy.
1. Increased body strength This is one of the most important things to consider. The PiYo workouts is a total body strengthening process with poses like squats, lunges, side plank, core work, and plank. These poses are key elements that engage both the small and large muscles of the body. Through working in and out of these many poses, through your own body’s resistance, you build body strength. Once in a while, hand light weights are used in order to increase the amount of strength building. In such a class, the muscles are worked out for sculpture and toning but not as bulky as the heavy weight training.
2. weight loss Unlike solo yoga and Pilate classes, piyo gets better results because the exercises are better as they are aerobic. PiYo workout programs link together various, constantly flowing exercises that increase your heart rate, make you sweat and burn calories making you lose weight. The PiYo classes are high energy but low-impact, with poses and moves taken from old school Pilates, yoga and dance combined together in a better way to add more aerobics and fun into the program. These moves include but not limited to stepping in and out lunges, flowing in and out of warrior poses and flowing through of traditional sun salutations.
3. various interesting workout components in keeping the person interested into the continuous workout which is good for your health. PiYo is not the same as many other Pilates and yoga combinations out there. As much as it blends together these body and mind exercises, it also brings in other components like martial arts, kick-booty workouts as well as dance for more intensity. In addition to all these, PiYo also boasts of using upbeat, mainstream music as opposed to the traditional Zen Yoga music. This helps keep the participants interested, excited and in the zone throughout the workout session.
4. Body Flexibility According to PiYo teachers, in addition to strength, another benefit is body flexibility. These classes do not only build muscle and help increase cardiac health, but the poses and moves help in adding muscle flexibility. The poses and moves during the dance all borrowed from yoga and Pilates help make your body parts more flexible. One can twist their waist, legs, arms, bend backward without feeling any discomfort, pain or breaking a bone. Flexibility is necessary to avoid muscle, tendon or bone injury in any part of the body.
5. Overall body wellness The PiYo moves and poses help in increasing range of motion in your body joints, improve the energy levels, reduce stress, and improve your body balance thus leaving you with a total mind and body blissful workout. Apart from that, the workout and stretching of body parts enables better flow of blood and hence a relaxation feeling. This helps me to keep illnesses at bay. A relaxed body means that you will sleep well and feed well. All these are key contributors to the overall well-being of any person.
1. Affordable- In instances where you want to train yourself, all you need is buy a DVD or CD from the store that has PiYo 60 day workout programs, yoga mat, water bottle and face towel and you are set. No need to buy heavyweight equipment like another form of body weight training
2. Can train in the comfort of your house– With PiYo, there is no need to go to the gym as most poses and moves do not need a large space. Your house is enough.
3. Not time-consuming- Most PiYo classes last not more than 45 minutes. So if you work with a tight schedule, you still can manage to do your PiYo workouts and rush to work.
4. Not gender oriented- this means both men and women can engage in these workouts. In addition, you can do as a family or a couple which is more fun and fulfilling
Read my full piyo review here. PiYo workouts are way better than solo Pilates or Yoga workouts. These workouts are of shorter periods and low impact. This means that people who are not so strong to do weight training can indulge in PiYo training program and feel better. Results from Piyo are more or less like any other kind of work out results and especially for those seeking to lose weight. The only difference is that PiYo is more fun and combines a variety of tactics. Who doesn’t want some fun workout program? It is important that all people see the benefits and embrace it. It is a fun way of maintaining a fit body weight and helping with flexibility. PiYo is a 60-day program with a lot more health benefits. Spare less than 45 minutes of your time and keep body fat away.